RFC: pkg-config for KDE

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 14:49:45 BST 2004

Stephan Kulow said:
> Am Wednesday 29 September 2004 19:27 schrieb Ian Reinhart Geiser:
>
>> So what do people think about this approach?  Are people willing to help
>> populate .pc.in files for their respective libraries?  Are people
>> against
>> having such things in KDE cvs?
>>
> Your patch shows how much you know about the KDE build system :)

Yes, I would personally thank you for all of your help in the matter.
Feel free to start answering my questions at any time ;)

> For one thing: aren't you missing Qt in your pkg-config --cflags kdeui
> somehow?
> At least I see nothing that would drag it in.
Yes, the issue is that I want to rely on the Qt pkg-config file, but since
debian forgets to install it in their packages I never got that far.

Basicly by adding Requires: Qt, it will pull in the Qt stuff.  The one
thing that was not clear was how to get just the CFLAGS that we add to the
build line separate of include paths.

So far most of what I know is from David answering my questions on IRC.

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser