Migrating Qt Crytpographic Architecture to KDE CVS

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Wed Sep 29 15:45:06 BST 2004

On September 29, 2004 10:05 am, George Staikos wrote:
> Well it was designed with KIO's design in mind.  I think it's most
> important to keep the KIO (TCPSlaveBase) portion easy to use, functional,
> and bug free.  It's always possible to make another class parallel to KSSL
> for use in other applications.  That's not the hard part though.  The hard
> part is the big mess of a certificate check algorithm in TCPSlaveBase...

This should be part of the refactor as well.

The  certificate check algorithm should not be in TCPSlaveBase. It makes it
impossible to share it with applications wanting an SSL stream socket. I ran
into this writing the SSL layer for Kopete, and ended up just copying most of
the code.

As I understand it though, this issue will be resolve when Thiago writes his
new KNetwork SSL socket.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson