Unconsistent KDirNotify API

Sébastien Laoût [temporar] les83plus at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 20:45:47 BST 2004

Le mar 28/09/2004 à 21:38, David Faure a écrit :
> It is intended

Ah. this is ennoying.
So I basically should store all file names and compare the list each
time directory changed, to know what are the new files. Hum :-/

> , because the list of added files wouldn't be enough information
> anyway (you want to know their size, mimetype, etc.).
> That was the design decision (that one needs to do a listDir()

Ah? A listDir() should be done just for one new file!

>  anyway, so
> the list of files isn't useful), but maybe you're right, that's somewhat
> konqueror-specific (well, KDirLister specific, more generally).
>
> Maybe this should be redone in KDE 4 to have both FilesAdded( list ) and
> DirectoryChanged( dir ) or so - with the explicit mention that only one
> should be emitted, depending on the available information
> (no need to do things twice in e.g. KDirLister).
> FilesAdded currently means DirectoryChanged, basically.

Is QT allow to know if slots are connected to signals?
I will look at that.
Then if nobody is connected, no need to make the computations (KURL
creations...).
Oh... The are ASSYNC. Hum. Forgive that, then.