Migrating Qt Crytpographic Architecture to KDE CVS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Tue Sep 28 15:44:37 BST 2004

George Staikos wrote:
>On Tuesday 28 September 2004 10:03, Jason Keirstead wrote:
>> On September 28, 2004 09:21 am, George Staikos wrote:
>> >   KSSL and QCA have almost nothing in common besides being code and
>> > having a loose relationship to cryptography algorithms.
>>
>> I know, thats the great part.
>
>   Well then how do you envision QCA to replace KSSL?  It's impossible...
> At best you could replace one class in KSSL, KOpenSSL.

The idea is to keep the KSSL front-end (GUI, KSSLSettings, KSSLSession,
KSSLPCKS12), while exchanging the back-end to the more-flexible QCA. That
way, we won't be tied to OpenSSL, since it's just a matter of writing a
plugin for a new back-end.

Another part to be replaced is the socket part of KSSL with a new class as
well.

QCA doesn't handle the certificate database, for instance -- that's our job.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info