Color problems [was: Re: KDElibs: KSystemTray: On window close dialog]

Sébastien Laoût [temporar] les83plus at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 13:49:15 BST 2004

Re,

Le mar 28/09/2004 à 11:23, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit :
> There are similar problems with hardcoded black. KDE is currently hardly
> usable for people who need white text on black background because of low
> vision. [...]

Heu, I looked at the code and well, I was already replaced the
"Qt:black" with "KApplication::palette().active().foreground()".
So it's OK.

I also started to play with an hypotetic formulas to replace the red
color by the foreground one (I think it's the most appropriate) when
readability is bad.
A PHP test script is available here:
http://localhost.localdomain/~seb/homepage/basket/usability-red-color-replacement.php

That's ot well perfect.
It replace red by foreground color when background is "too" red or too
green.
I've work to do now, so I continue it later.

If you have better ideas...

Cordially,

Sébastien Laoût.