Migrating Qt Crytpographic Architecture to KDE CVS

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Sep 28 01:59:07 BST 2004

On September 27, 2004 09:23 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Matt Rogers wrote:
> >> 2.- Will it be extended as a KDE lib?
> >> Duncan
> >
> >It will continue to be Qt only.
> >
> >Matt
>
> But we'll have to add some KDE support around it if the plan is to
> completely replace KSSL.

I sure don't see the difficulty here. From my experience with it, the KSSL API
is the most un-Qt/KDE API in kdelibs. It's really awkward and just seems like
simple Qt wrappers around the OpenSSL calls. From what I see of the QCA API
it is *much* more KDE friendly than KSSL is or ever was.

--KSSL; ++QCA;

:)

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson