DCOP D-BUS HAL and new cd's

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease-hi6Y0CQ0nG0 at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 17 20:05:52 BST 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 23:17 CET Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 22:46, Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Or the Portable System Interface library (libPSI for lack of a better
> > name) being developed by Marc Duerner for Ark Linux. Hopefully we make
> > it useful for not just Ark Linux, but other distros and various other
> > *NIXs. So, yes, I'm in favour of a new KDE Hardware list.
>
> I'm afraid that creating a new list in itself won't help the project
> much, maybe even kill it before it gets going (reaching a critical mass
> and stuff...) Create a list if you are enough developers generating too
> much traffic for kde-devel or kde-core-devel I'd say.

At least this should definitely not be discussed on core-devel where
interested third-parties can't post their ideas without going through the
moderation process.

Oh, and maybe it would be a good idea to try to get some of the developers
of the kernel backends on the boat/list, like Greg KH for udev.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>