RFC: kdenonbeta reorganisation

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:44:14 BST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 07:50, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> On Friday 17 September 2004 12:38, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >2) kdereview-1, kdereview-2, ..., kdereview-N
> >
> >The kdereview modules are intended as staging area for relative stable
> >software before it goes to one of the main KDE modules, or to
> > kdeextragear. Typically it would be used to adjust imported projects to
> > the KDE build environment and ideally it would receive a security review,
> > usability review and some style guide compliance checking before it moves
> > along.
>
> This is a place for the KDE quality teams and the usability people to hook
> in before an application actually gets released. Usability people should
> ideally also be involved with kdeplayground if the application involves a
> UI.

There are very nice improvements and applications in kde-apps.org and
kde-look.org that could be integrated to KDE, because they are never
submitted. Moreover, we could gain new active developers if their developers
are integrated to the normal KDE development process. Creating the kdereview
modules is a great solution to the adjustment problem, so when the kdenonbeta
move is completed, I would like to make a dot / kde-look / kde-apps
announcement, discussing the benefits / responsabilities of maintaining your
app / patches inside KDE.