RFC: kdenonbeta reorganisation

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Sep 17 14:00:22 BST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 12:38, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> To make it more accessable and better
> maintainable, I would like to propose to split kdenonbeta in the
> following modules:
>
> 1) kdeplayground-1, kdeplayground-2, ..., kdeplayground-N

> 2) kdereview-1, kdereview-2, ..., kdereview-N

I don't like the moving around of projects in CVS involved with this
organization (e.g. a project starting in the playground then being
moved to the review module and finally being moved to a core module).

I also don't like the splitting up in N modules. Partial checkouts of
kdenonbeta work very well for me. What aspect of managability do you
want to address by the split-up?

Having one flat module makes it easier to find a project. It's always
annoying to check out a project from kdeextragear because you first
have to look through all the extragear modules where the project
actually is located.

Other than that I think it's a good proposal. Having a playground and a
review area sounds like a nice concept which better addresses what
actually happens in kdenonbeta.

A question: How would this interfere with the kdeextragear modules?
Aren't they also sometimes used as staging area for other KDE modules?