bug #86756: klistview::selectedItems() returns hidden items

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Sep 15 23:43:45 BST 2004

Great to see me isn't the only one who believes the way it works now isn't
good and sorry that I somewhat missunderstood you, Jason.

>> What person would ever expect this to also be affecting the items you
>> selected  before the filter?
>
> Nobody?

Exactly. That's why the KListView-behaviour we have at the moment is somewhat
dangerous. Specialy if such a behaviour is nowhere documentated.

> selectedItems(bool includeHiddenItems = true)

That's for sure much better as my initial patch and a great solution. Not only
cause the developer has the possibility to choose and it is compatible, but
the developer just knows by looking at the documentation that the default
behaviour is to return also hidden items.
So, it would be great if someone with enough power could apply this
solution :-)

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc