Additional guidelines

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Sep 15 08:30:28 BST 2004

There are guidelines related to porting code to win32 published at:

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs%2Fwin32+Porting+Guidelines

In fact, most of them can be also called "how to write more portable code". I
mean especially things like using

  if (!QDir::isRelativePath(path))

instead of:

  if (path[0]=='/')
or:
  if (path.startsWith('/'))

To maintain source portability for win32 target, I'd like to ask you, core
developers, to have a look at this simple set of guidelines and apply it
while adding new code. This can greatly decrease additional work for
kdelibs/win32 people, and reduce potential bugs.

Feel free to request more information in above document.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska