kdelibs/win32 : kdecore patch

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Sep 8 09:00:29 BST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-2] Jaros³aw Staniek wrote:

> I must admit there are few completely ifdef'd (using Q_WS_WIN, W_OS_UNIX etc)
> methods especially in kdecore now. Most of these are waiting for such wrapper
> classes or just wrapped methods, implemented in *_win.cpp files (as Qt does),
> with volunteers' help :)

I know that things are not that simple to accomplish in reality :)
Sometimes it might indeed be more effective to #ifdef a few calls instead
of creating a new platform independant API.

My point is just that K_WS_QTONLY (appearantly meaning !Q_WS_X11 &&
!Q_WS_WIN && !Q_WS_MAC) does not really help with porting to other
platforms. It just makes the code harder to understand. Why not guard the
code with #ifdef Q_WS_X11 etc. right away?

Harri.