kdelibs/win32 : kdecore patch

Holger Schroeder holger-kde at holgis.net
Tue Sep 7 22:25:17 BST 2004

hi,

On Thursday 02 September 2004 18:44, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 02 September 2004 18:15, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> > 2. http://www.iidea.pl/~js/qkw/upload/kdecore.diff.tar.gz
> >
> > kdecore/ patches (about 100 files, not all)
> >
> > Please review
>
> -#if defined Q_WS_X11 && ! defined K_WS_QTONLY
> +#if (defined Q_WS_X11 || defined Q_WS_WIN) && ! defined K_WS_QTONLY
>  #include <kstartupinfo.h>
>  #endif
>
> Who introduced the K_WS_QTONLY? Ah, Holger. Holger: does it make any sense
> to keep those? As shown above, they basically break things for others,
> since e.g. kstartupinfo isn't really x11-dependent in itself....
> js: you don't use K_WS_QTONLY, right? If nobody does, I think we should
> clean this up.

when kde will run under x11/windows/mac os, this K_WS_QTONLY will not be
needed any more, that is right. my intention when i introduced it was, that i
wanted to be able to have a kde that was only dependant on qt and not on x11.

this should make the porting process easier.

when kde will run fine under windows, i will be fine with removing the  #if
defined K_WS_QTONLY from the sources...

<snip>

cu Holger