File drop popup menu removal

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Sep 6 18:32:00 BST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 12:24, David Faure wrote:
> You mean not showing the popup, too, then?
> I hate this semi-clever behavior in Windows.
> Any program which tries to guess what the user wants is bound to fail.
> And any program which modifies its behavior based on something that
> is more or less hidden to the user (isn't the whole idea of mountpoints
> to *hide* the filesystem separations?) is bad behavior.

I completely agree.
Although having to use windows at work for almost two years now, I still don't
know and don't want to have to learn which modifier I have to press at which
time (when pressing down, when releasing, all the time ?) in order to move or
copy a file. There I always use the context menu.
Please don't remove the drop menu and don't make hidden decisions.

Bye
Alex