[patches] Add keybindings for 4 multimedia keys / konqueror double keybinding / Find File shortcut

Michael Jahn michael.linux at web.de
Sun Sep 5 18:32:20 BST 2004

Hi all,

Description of the patches:

1. add_some_multimedia_keys.diff:
adds default keybindings for XF86Back, XF86Forward, XF86HomePage and
XF86Refresh. If this one is applied and the user has set up his keyboard
correctly it just works (TM) without having to assign keyboard shortcuts.

2. del_DuplicateWindowShortcut.diff:
konq_mainwindow.cc:3451 - this binds Ctrl-D to "Duplicate Window". This is
also the default for "Add Bookmark" thus double-binding the shortcut. The
attached patch removes the keybinding for "Duplicate Window" because I
couldn't find a reasonable replacement. Let the user do the searching :-) -
or maybe you are more creative. This is annoying when you want to add a
bookmark but another konqueror window is opened instead.("Add Bookmark"
should keep Control-D to be compatible with all the other browsers out
there).

3. add_FindFileShortcut.diff
sets up Ctrl-F as the default shortcut for "Find File". This double-binds
Ctrl-F because it is also the default shortcut for "Find". Contrary to 2. I
can't see any negative side effects. Ugly, but it works for me :-)

All of these are against HEAD but they can (and should, imho) also be applied
to 3.3 branch. I don't have a cvs account so I can't commit.

Disclaimer: I am not a C++ programmer (yet) and I have no knowledge of the
konqueror source. I made these and they work for me :-)

Michael Jahn