KConfigXT and kdeglobals - Linux Registry as option for 4.0 ?

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Sep 3 12:16:10 BST 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 07:18:44AM -0300, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Hi..
Hi Helio,

> Ok, now people had oportunity to see how is made Linux Registry on Akademy, so
> i ask if be considered to an option to KDE 4 ( have plenty of time to solve
> issues if exists ).
I don't like the idea of the registry because of the immense amount of
files that are created for every key. At the moment I've 251 config
files in $HOME/.kde/share/config, when I'd use the linux registry, I'd
have 8230 instead (and this is just for _one_ user) :(
I know with ReiserFS this wouldn't be a big issue, but we can't force
people to switch their file system just for a new version of KDE.

The idea of a central and unified config storage is ok, but the
implementation is bad IMHO.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!