ifndef __FILE_H__

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Thu Oct 28 17:05:19 BST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> Certain sets of names and function signatures are always reserved to the
> implementation:
> Each name that contains a double underscore (__) or begins with an underscore
> followed by an uppercase letter (2.11) is reserved to the implementation for
> any use.

Some people (including me) have the p.o.v. that library implementors _are_
the implementation.  This not only includes libstdc++ and libc
implementors.  Hence for installed headers (which by definition is part of
some library for use by others) such header guards are OK.

It's different for internal headers just used by an application.  And for
that my pragmatic opinion us "who cares?".  It's different for things like
global variables or functions.  But include guards?

> a) Ignore it
> b) Fix over time little by little
> c) Scripty/or other fix majority with a script now
> d) ?

d) recognize that nothing is broken or violated

I prefer d)

Ciao,
Michael.