running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 27 18:03:32 BST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 18:53, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> ok, how do I know which version of kdesktop i am running?
> from your suggestion it seems that you think i am running kdesktop from
> /usr/bin, and all other kde from /usr/local/kde33
>
> how can I verify that?

ls -l /proc/<pid of kdesktop>/exe
(it's going to point to kdeinit, but you'll know which one, at least).

Or kill and restart kdesktop from a terminal (so you know which one you're starting),
to see if that changes anything.

Anyway this is off-topic for kde-core-devel - your installation problems
are no core development topic. Further questions on kde-devel please.