running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 01:39:52 BST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:33 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > when I run kword without the path, I see 1.3.2 in kword's about, when I
> > run /usr/local/kde33/bin/kword i see "1.3post" in kword's about box
> > (running koffice head with kdelibs branch)
>
> Then something is changing your PATH - what else can I say?

My .bashrc contains the following variable to remove the system KDE from the
PATH:

PATH=${PATH//\/usr\/kde\/[^:]*:}
export PATH=${PATH//\/usr\/qt\/3[^:]*:}

This is some sort of bash-ism for applying a search-and-replace to the value
of the variable.  This one removes all /usr/kde/* and /usr/qt/3* type paths
from the PATH.  Maybe it'll work for you?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne