"Missing" module for configuring Desktop Backgrounds

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Oct 25 05:43:49 BST 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 04:15, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 11:06 pm, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Looks like you simply need to update cvs as your file is missing:
> >
> > Categories=Qt;KDE;X-KDE-settings-looknfeel;
> >
> > - -Benjamin Meyer
>
> Hello, Benjamin
> Before I went through another update from CVS trying to fix this, I tried
> placing the line that you said I was missing in the appropriate file.
> Guess what?  It works perfectly now :)  Thank you very much :)
> I would sure like to know why updating from CVS didn't fix it right after I
> discovered the problem?  Another question would be, how come this same line
> was missing in the same file in a Completely fresh install of kdelibs and
> kdebase, on a completely different path than the one that I discovered this
> problem on?

Good question :) It was accidently removed in Benjamin's cleanup commits(r.
1.261):

http://68.118.205.171/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/kcontrol/background/background.desktop.diff?r1=1.260;r2=1.261;f=h

Perhaps a buggy test script? What other desktop files are broken? Did it
perhaps remove all Categories fields which already was properly terminated?

Also, here's some _really_ strange stuff going on:

Revision 1.262: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffs
 Thu Oct 21 02:51:56 2004 UTC (4 days, 1 hour ago) by scripty
 Branches: MAIN
 Diff to previous 1.261: preferred, colored
 Changes since revision 1.261: +0 -186 lines

CVS_SILENT made messages (.desktop file)

http://68.118.205.171/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/kcontrol/background/background.desktop.diff?r1=1.261;r2=1.262;f=h

That's madness right?

Isn't the script kiddy running loose? How much is affected by this? Damage
control? We still got the pot files, right? Because it should put them back,
too?

I can go to bed now, without any scripts coming running at me, right?

Cheers,

		Frans