License conflict for VM screensaver (kdeartwork)

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri Oct 15 14:11:57 BST 2004

On October 15, 2004 09:36 am, Ben Burton wrote:
> If it is too difficult to case up all the contributers to vm_random.c,
> might it be easier to alter the licensing on the KDE portions of the
> screensaver (the GPLed parts) in the meantime?

Might it be even *easier*, to avoid all this hassle, to take a new copy of
vm_random.c from a recent BSD, which is one without the advertising clause,
do a diff, make required changes (without verbatin compying), and use that
file? The new file will be a derrivitive work of the more recent vm_random.c,
not the old one, so all this will be moot.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson