new kicker maintainer

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 08:59:05 BST 2004

just a quick note/announcement:

John Firebaugh has put in a lot of great effort with regards to our red-headed
step child of a panel app.. so, props to John =) unfortunately, there are
things in his life that are demanding his attention these days which do no
leav much room for working on kicker.

as one of the more active kicker hackers, and desiring a freer hand in my work
therein, i inquired as to maintainership. the result is that i'm taking on
the role of current maintainer.

i've added a HACKING and DESIGN file (with some content even!) with the goal
of evolutionarily cleaning up the code base and design of kicker. the idea is
to hopefully make it a more welcoming place for new hands and a better panel
for KDE. there are a few largish patches pending, so 3.4 should be a fun
release for kicker.

in other words, at least now you'll know who to blame and who to forward all
the kicker patches too. ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo