Moving to SubVersion

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Sat Oct 9 09:12:06 BST 2004

Hi

On Saturday 09 October 2004 09:55, Brad Hards wrote:
> The admins are guys like Waldo, Coolo, David Faure - people
> who are either coding, or admin-ing, but aren't doing both at the same
> time....

Which is exactly why Tobias proposed to do it _now_ instead of doing it during
the 4.0 release cycle, when development time is much more needed, especially
by those administering the servers?

Just an idea.

The CVS admins come up with a plan for a parallel Subversion repository for
the proposed replacements of kdenonbeta. This will be the playground to test
cvs2svn and moving around stuff. If this works out the way intended, we move
on to Subversion for everything.

I think a time table and migration path are needed.

Just my 2ct

	Rainer