Moving to SubVersion

Richard Smith kde at metafoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 23:54:53 BST 2004

On Friday 08 October 2004 19:31, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> So I want to ask again, when do we move the KDE repository to
> subversion?

I was wondering, why Subversion? I found a pretty good comparison of some RCSs
(including all the ones I've heard of):

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

Of those, the only ones that I think seem appropriate to switch to are
Subversion, svk and Arch. I've tried neither of them, and heard good things
about both. The Arch wiki has a more interesting comparison of CVS, svn, svk
and Arch:

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/SubVersionAndCvsComparison

Based on these comparisons, I'd prefer to use Arch than Subversion or svk, and
would prefer svk to Subversion.

I intend to play with both Arch and svn in the near future, to get a better
idea of their differences. Before KDE's CVS is changed over to something
else, I'd suggest at least a few other people do the same.

Thanks,
Richard