New string compare panel applet

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Fri Oct 8 14:32:40 BST 2004

Quoting David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> On Friday 08 October 2004 15:17, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > Quoting David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> > > It's unfair that you have "Focus kate window" before pasting, and not for kicker.
> > > You can arrange your windows so that you don't have to focus kwrite before pasting
> > > into it, just like you can do with kicker. You also need to check your options
> > > in the applet.
> >
> > The options are saved to config file.
> So are they in kwrite.
>
> > And they are good "as is" for md5sums.
> So it's not a string-compare applet, it's a md5sum-compare applet? :-)

I think you're kidding. :)
Default values are good for md5sum compares. But nobody forces you to stay
with default... .

> > And I will add another "window always on top" checkbox, because that's
> > needed to save a few window focusing clicks when pasting the two md5sums.
> ? Kicker is always on top already.

Ah, you didn't read the code. ;)
It's only 150 lines plus an .ui file.
The kicker applet is only a button with an icon on it.
If you click that icon, the string-compare window opens.
It's this way, because the two line-edits in the kicker would be
really too small. Would be unusable IMHO.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]