New string compare panel applet

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Fri Oct 8 13:15:26 BST 2004

Quoting Frans Englich <frans.englich at telia.com>:
> > I didn't know about that. Nice feature.
> > But what about the case(in)sensitive thing?
>
> I would make the minicli case sensitive, and skip toggling sensitiveness. I
> think this is a very rarely used feature, and yet another applet is saved at
> the cost of not being able to do case insensitive comparisons. Of course,

nono. :)
MD5SUMs on Websites often appear as 3F4ABC...
but tools like md5sum and so on put the result as 3f4abc...
As I sayed in the initial post. The tool is designed to have only all
neccessary features. Not less or more. Just to compare strings, especially
md5sums here. The "strip whitespace" option is to strip all whitespaces,
that may get in there through cut&paste. Someone might not always be able to
cut the sum from the website very precisely.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]