support for long numbers

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kdemail.net
Mon Oct 4 18:39:54 BST 2004

ביום שני, 4 באוקטובר 2004, 17:03, נכתב על ידי Stephan Kulow:
> Am Monday 04 October 2004 16:31 schrieb Diego Iastrubni:
> > Does KDE need such beast? If it does, I will try to finish some thigns
kcalc, canuse this. Note that kspread uses kcalc now to compute numbers (I
think), so both application can banefit from this.

Also kstars can use this (the distance the sun traveled in 10^3 years).

Think about the i18n teams also.

> > (for example rewrite the division code, and implement display->qnumber,
> > and changing bases for numbers?).
>
> I don't think KDE needs such a beast. BTW: why aren't you wrapping
> http://www.swox.com/gmp/ instead of implementing it on your own?
>
> Greetings, Stephan
Since I did not know such beast existed. I wrote this code as part of an
assignment in college.

The library has also a c++ wrapper, so no work is needed to usethis inside
KDE.

I have tested the lib, it's fast. It did 6 millions i++ in 2 secs here (my
class did it in 1 minute and a half). However, when I tried to test
multiplications I used a factorial function, and it returned a wrong value.

This lib has no way of representing numbers in different ways (like mine
does), and does not support munbers in different bases.

--
diego, kde-il translation team, http://www.kde.org/il