KNewStuff Wallpapers

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Nov 30 23:59:47 GMT 2004

I've got a patch adding KNewStuff support for the background wallpaper
KControl module

 http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/background-khotstuff.png
 http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/background-khotstuff.diff

The obvious place to download wallpapers from is kde-look but that
will likely cause the server to use much more bandwidth than it does
today.

Would it be possible for frank at kde-look to have a directory on
ftp.kde.org where the latest/highest ranked and most downloaded
wallpapers (later icons and sounds etc) could be uploaded then we can
point KControl to download.kde.org?

There is also the issue of occational copyright infringement on
kde-look.  Any problem files are removed quickly but it would take a
while for the removal to propagate around download.kde.org if they had
already spread.

Thanks

Jonathan Riddell