[Kde-accessibility] Icon effect for monochrome icons

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar at schmi-dt.de
Sun Nov 28 13:26:34 GMT 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 13:15, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> [Gunnar Schmi Dt, Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 14:57]
>
> > The second version (kdelibs2.diff and kdebase2.diff) adds an
> > additional second color to the icon effect, so that both colors are
> > defined with the icon effect. This has the advantage that it does not
> > add a dependency between the color scheme and the icon theme, but it
> > also requires some more changes to the API (i.e., the second color
> > needs to be added).
>
> If this is BC, then I would strongly suggest using this version.

Well, actually I had made a small mistake so that it was not BC, but now I
have corrected the patch, so that it should be BC now.

> But you would also need to make sure the second colour is included
> in meta  themes.
> [...]

I do not know how difficult it would be to extend the meta themes without
breaking the compatibility of the theme files. In either case we do need
both the icon effects and the font sizes (which are currently missing,
too).

Gunnar Schmi Dt
--
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package