--as-needed and kio_http problems

Szombathelyi Gy�rgy gyurco at freemail.hu
Mon Nov 15 20:15:18 GMT 2004

2004. november 15. 15.17 dátummal Michael Nottebrock ezt írta:
> On Monday, 15. November 2004 07:50, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> > Thiago Macieira wrote:

> > > I think he meant the dynamic linker.
> >
> > Yes, of course. But I cannot help in this question, since I never had
> > any BSD installed.
>
> Lauri has accounts on FreeBSD machines available for this kind of
> situation, I'm sure she could fix you up with one. Lauri?
And I also think that I cannot fix the linker even if it causes the problem,
so this is not neccessary. But there was a problem with --as-needed on Linux,
see this thread and this patch:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=108787979213494&w=2
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdesdk/kbugbuster/Makefile.am.diff?r1=1.18;r2=1.19

So maybe re-ordering the libraries in Makefile.am might work. Can you try
this?

Bye,
György