KNetAttach

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Nov 14 00:29:42 GMT 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 18:48, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> George Staikos wrote:
> >I committed a tool to kdenonbeta tonight called KNetAttach.  (The name
> > isn't all that great I guess...)  I think it's something really missing
> > in KDE and I'd like to see it in the next release.  It's basically a
> > wizard that allows you to easily connect to network drives such as SMB,
> > WebFolder, and Fish.
>
> Connect? Can you elaborate on that?
>
> Or does it just open Konqueror on the URL formed by the wizard?

   It opens a konqueror window, and  optionally creates an icon on the
desktop.  Give it a try.  It mimics behaviour of the equivalent tool on other
platforms.

   I noticed the need for this in particular when trying to step users through
remote file access with KDE, Windows and OS X over the past few weeks.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/