visibility of child items with klistviewsearchline

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Nov 13 19:47:44 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 00:07, Jakob Schroeter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a look at http://bugs.kde.org/88512 (KMail shows similar
> behaviour) and it seems to me this is actually an issue with
> KListViewSearchLine. The attached patch makes KListViewSearchLine
> show children of matched items by default.
> What do you think?

I consider the current behavior to be preferable because quick search is
used to quickly find a certain message which is obviously easier if
less messages are shown. If I have found the thread I was looking for
and am now interested in the replies then I can simply reset the quick
search.

FWIW, http://bugs.kde.org/88512#c1 is not valid for KMail.

Regards,
Ingo