Moving kfilereplace to kdeutils

Eric Laffoon sequitur at kde.org
Sat Nov 13 01:09:24 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 04:14 pm, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Friday 12 November 2004 19:20, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > > If Quanta will be able to use KFileReplace without kdeutils being
> > > present at compile time, that would be significantly different from
> > > kdevelop, which does require cervisia headers at build time.
> >
> > That is how it is. Our integration with KFR is strictly as a KPart and
> > using DCOP.
>
> Then why make it a build time dependency?
>
> If it's not a build time dependency, this argument is moot. (The Cervisia
> issue stands though)
>
> Regards,
Hi Lauri,
this is my point. It is part of the package now, but we treat it like Kompare
or HTML Tidy. It is a plugin.
* If it is there it will be used when you call it from the interface.
* If it is not there Quanta will let you know at run time that you need to
install it to receive the functionality.

So it is moot, because integration is handled through KParts and DCOP and
there is no buid time dependency... unless something has been snuck by Andras
and me. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur at kde.org