Problem compiling kdebase/kdm

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Nov 12 17:01:34 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 06:47 am, heiko.evermann at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi Andras,
>
> On Friday, 12. November 2004 09:17, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >  There is some problem in kdebase/kdm as it doesn't compile for me. I
> > updated kdebase, did a cvs-clean, removed the kdm directory from my
> > kdebase build directory so it doesn't cause any conflict, yet I still
> > get the following error:
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/usr/local/data/development/build/kde-head/kdebase/kdm/backend'
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../config.ci', needed by
> > `/data/development/sources/kde-head/kdebase/kdm/backend/access.c'.
>
> I, too, had that trouble this morning.
> Well, someone who knows the details will have to fix the bug, but there is
> a way to get around it:
> go to kdebase/kdm and say "make config.ci". This will generate config.ci
> and after that continue with the usual make.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Heiko

After a cvs up about 30 minutes ago, I couldn't reproduce this with automake
1.9.  It would seem Waldo's commit to make config.ci noinst_DATA fixed it.

Matt
--
"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
carry forward, Cary Grant, cash & carry, Carry Me Back To Old Virginia,