Moving kfilereplace to kdeutils

Eric Laffoon sequitur at kde.org
Fri Nov 12 07:47:56 GMT 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 10:35 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  There was some request about moving out KFileReplace from kdewebdev as
> it's not related to web development. Altough it is used by Quanta to do
> Search and Replace in files, it is not a hard dependency, so from my
> point of view it's OK to move. The proposed destination would be
> kdeutils. There are two questions:
> - is anybody against the move to kdeutils?
> - when should we move (3.4 or 4.0?), if we do?
>
> Andras

I do like it in with Quanta. It's great if it's finally going where it should
have been all along after we rescued it... I'm not opposed to the move. The
only limitation this will impose is on those Quanta users not running or
it packaged if we want in the future.

My primary concern is that we maintain it's ability to integrate well. As to
when it would be moved I'm open to discussion on it. Would we still be
primary maintainers, or would someone else be involved sharing in that?
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur at kde.org