Auto-WONTFIX for old UNCONFIRMED wishlist items

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease-hi6Y0CQ0nG0 at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 18:41:46 GMT 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 19:01 CET Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 07 November 2004 07:39, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > useful if they were available.  And it would be a shame if those ideas
> > got lost.
>
> which, as i understand it, is why Coolo posted the list of bugs with
> several weeks of time so we, the project members, can mark those that
> should not be lost as New.

Yeah, you're right.  I was more concerned about Thiago's suggestion about
NEW and UNCONFIRMED bugs and coolo's reply to my mail which sounded like
wishes with zero votes aren't worth to stay.

I had a short look at the first few wishes-to-be-closed and there are
actually a few which I would call more buglets than wishes, some which make
much sense and at least one which was already halfway implemented.  And a
whole load of crap.

> if we don't use the bug database, it doesn't matter what happens; if we
> do use the bug database, then we can clean these old items up by marking
> the appropriate ones as New and leave the rest behind.

I guess this is a bit different to the way some people are used to use
Bugzilla (at least I do use it differently).  Confirming a wish is supposed
to mean "yeah, that makes sense, maybe somebody will implement it one day"
but at least for me it means "that makes sense and *I* will go and
implement it".  But now that I think about it is that this doesn't make too
much sense -- for the latter I can assign it to me.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>