KPasswordDialog

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at tiscalinet.be
Wed Nov 3 17:51:55 GMT 2004

About KPasswordDialog,
I wrote few times ago a class KPassword that make the automation of saving the
result of a KPasswordDialog in the KWallet, or retreive it from there if it
already exist.

I plan to use it in Kopete insteads of the KopetePassword
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kdenetwork/kopete/libkopete/kopetepassword.h
(see also the .cpp file with the same name)

I attached here how it is in my project.
I've tested it with Kopete (i've a diff over it if someone is interested)
(of course, it's not mean to be a final version.  i plan to add more default
value, or other function.  and some stuff need to be finished)

What do you think ?

If it goes in kdelibs, where ?  as it depends of kwallet and kdeui.
(i thought about putting it in kwallet, but kwallet is not linked against
kdeui)

Another thing which is missing in KPasswordDialog is the ability to show a
default password.  (if the previous was wrong)

and, another thing,  kwallet documentation is not in the online api reference.
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/