CFLAGS clobbering, second attempt

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri May 28 01:43:55 BST 2004

Could the configure scripts please be changed to stop prepending -O2 to
existing C(XX)FLAGS? I'd appreciate a comment from someone who actually
maintains that part of the configure script this time.

The rationale is that KDE's behaviour of clobbering C(XX)FLAGS is at least
unusual, if not bad style, and violates FreeBSD's requirements of C(XX)FLAGS
cleanness, meaning we'll have to keep autopatching almost every KDE software,
be it core module or third party software to not do that.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org