KeyBindings & Friends in KDE 4.0

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at tiscalinet.be
Sun May 23 10:31:00 BST 2004

Le Dimanche 23 Mai 2004 05:31, Simon Hausmann a écrit :
> On Sunday 23 May 2004 06:32, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I have created a small patch which adds two functions to configure the
> > toolbars.
> >
> > 1) How do you verify the parent is a KMainWindow?

dynamic_cast ?

In your patch, i would replace dlg.exec()   by dlg->show()
and maybe saveNewToolbarConfig should be a private slot.

> Much like the already existing configureShortcuts methods I believe these
> two are in the wrong class, too. Code should be 'next' to the data it
> operates on. These operate on the mainwindow, hence they should be in the
> mainwindow class.

the configureShortcuts  is in the xmlguiFactory because it adds actions of
that factory in the dialog.

You can even show that configure shportcut dialog without KMainWindow (but i
don't see any interest in pratice)

But that's true it could be moved in KMainWindow.
The EditToolBar funciton need to acess the mainWindow, (unlike  the shortcut)
and it makes sens to have both in the same place.