kdemultimedia (setCheckedState)

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Sun May 23 03:18:14 BST 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 10:10 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed May 19 2004 13:44, David Faure wrote:
> > >
> > > I have to agree with Scott and Malte for the same reasons they gave.
> > > Why wasn't the first solution chosen?
>
> I agree that for the toolbars this "Hide / Show" looks very untidy in the
> toolbars submenu. However I consider the "Hide menubar" / "Show menubar"
> menu a big improvement over the version with a checkbox, likewise for the
> fullscreen action.

I agree with fullscreen that it's an improvement but for the other options, as
long as they can be unambiguously named, I don't see how a checkbox (instead
of changing the text) is less usable.  For instance, I'm soon going to have a
Settings menu full of KToggleAction's:

    Toolbars >>>
[ ] Color Box
[ ] Tool Box
[ ] Statusbar
[ ] Full Path

Like with the toolbars, I think it would be untidy and visually less clear to
have them as "Show / Hide" toggle actions.