Fwd: Re: Fwd: Forward: K-ARTIST: Re: New project request/idea

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Fri May 21 16:36:11 BST 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 04:18:28PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I think what I have is a good start to what all the desktops need out of
> icon themes, so let me know what people think.

<snip>
>         games-frozen-bubble

Unlike the other icons, these app icons seem to be rather specific,
compare to "apps/internet-instant-messenger" for example.

I don't think a desktop standard should include such detail. I suppose
for the games part, the following existing KStdGameActions should probably
be represented. I've ommitted actions like new, undo and quit, I think the
generic actions will suffice for those.

actions/
	game-roll (KStdGameAction::roll) (and/or game-dice?)
	game-endturn (KStdGameAction::endTurn)
	game-configure-cards (KStdGameAction::cardDecks)
	game-highscores

Some more actions:

	game-configure-rules (as opposed to configuring applications themselves )
	game-forfeit (or withdraw, does not necessarily quit the game)

A few more generic application types wouldn't hurt either.

apps/
	games-action
	games-board
	games-cards
	games-chess
	games-kids
	games-strategy

(wouldn't hurt to sync this with XDG categories)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun