Two policy propositions for the country list

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue May 18 17:25:52 BST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 11:52, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Position A :
> -------------

[cut description of the new (but IMO flawed) proposition]

> Position B :
> -----------
[cut statement of position until before the starting of this discussion (as I
see it)]

Of course, B is the way it was and it's some good reasons that it resisted
unchallenged for so many years.

There were other nonsenses coming up from time to time, most often from
outside of the project, related to religion, de facto standards and even
related to the repeated use of the letter K (!). We managed to avoid taking
sides and abiding by extremist points of view.

I believe what lacked for B is a clear statement somewhere in the guidelines
of the project. Should this be added (and clearly underlined that it was
always functioning in these exact terms from the very beginning of the
project), I believe all discussions shall become moot.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org