kdemultimedia (setCheckedState)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue May 18 10:53:24 BST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 11:47, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 May 2004 11:13, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Tue May 18 2004 09:17, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > > If I quickly glance at at toggle action I can distinguish:
> > >
> > > [ ] Show Search Bar
> > > [x] Show Search Bar
> > >
> > > very quickly.
> >
> > Unless the action has an icon in which case the difference is virtually
> > invisible.
>
> Well, I don't have a problem distinguishing them, but you probably have a
> point.  But I consider this to be a separate issue, really.

It's not a separate issue. The above leads to "two kinds of menu items: those
that represent a state and those that offer an action". The whole reason why it's
confusing _is_ the existence of two kinds. Changing the way they look doesn't
eliminate the fundamental problem. By changing the text, we can unify all this
and have only one kind of menu item, which is much less confusing.