Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon May 17 12:32:03 BST 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 05:04, Don Sanders wrote:

> After reading Jason Keirstead's post and following his links I suggest
> that in addition to this the flags should be removed as well.
>
> FWIW that is what GNOME and Red Hat have decided to do. I think the
> flags are the cause of more insult/offense than the names and that it
> makes sense to completely remove them.

I agree that doing that would remove the most offensive part of it, but
unfortunatly the flags are there for a purpose:

They help non-english speakers to find their own language from a default
installation, and they help people like me if I accidentenly select a wierd
language I can't decifer.

Because of this I believe the flags should stay.

`Allan