Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Fri May 14 12:50:26 BST 2004

> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> == proposed policy text
> We use only the short name (from the ISO-3166 code list) in order to
> provide a better non-cluttered user interface, and only use the "long
> name" when it's necessary in order to distinguish two countries with the
> same "short name".

(Sorry for breaking the thread my webmailer sucks)

AFAICS the link George provided already leads to the short country name list (Greece) instead of the official long names (Hellenic Republic). So IMHO with your proposal we wouldn't follow the standard and that would make it all debatable again.

Bye
Christian