When do depricated classes reach EOL?

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri May 14 02:15:41 BST 2004

Thiago deprecating KExtSocket got me thinking of the number of deprecated classes in kdecore, in general.
There are now basically two whole generations of socket classes deprecated ( KExtSocket, KSocket ). This is only
the tip of the iceburg though, there are a bunch of "deprecated" class in kdelibs, some of which ahave been deprecated
for years now.

What is EOL for these classes? Shouldn't we be consdering removing some them if for nothing more than to try and
trim down the kdelibs bloat a bit?

I really don't see why a class marked as "deprecated" needs to be kept around any longer than one full release cycle.

--
There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the very hallmark of liberty.

-- Lord Chief Justice Halisham