Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu May 13 17:44:36 BST 2004

On May 13, 2004 12:03, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Thursday 13 May 2004 17:50 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> > On Thursday 13 May 2004 18:02, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > PALESTINIAN TERRITORY, OCCUPIED 	PS
> >
> > Uh, I missed this... Now I'm confused. Maybe go with the name listed on
> > the country's own site.
>
> Right. The policy we have _is_ a policy and a valid reason to close
> bugs as #80330 as WONTFIX. Of course if you look for a policy that
> allows to satisfy greek people, you have to find something else. But
> honestly: it's not my top priority.

  What part of this don't you understand:

  "accept [3166-1] as-is" and "all future amendments".  Yes if they rename
Canada to BeaverLand, I will not complain.  The contents of this
-international-standard- are effectively irrelevant as far as KDE is
concerned, and this has -nothing- to do with greek people, dutch people or
german people.  What it will do is give us a real policy and honest backing
to say that what we have is acceptable.  As far as #80330 is concerned, my
opinion is that both sides of that argument are garbage.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/