kdepim release (Was: Re: [Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up)

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Mon May 10 16:54:57 BST 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 16:55, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 10 May 2004 15:34, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > It seems than KDevelop is already aligned to the KDE release plan.
> > and KOffice is maybe not mature enough, like apps in kdeextragear.
> This has nothing to do with code maturity, it has to do with the
> development cycle. KOffice has a different development speed than the rest
> of KDE...
The same applies to KDevelop. After releasing KDevelop 3.0 we are able to
follow KDE release schedule. It just makes the release process simpler.

Personally, I see no good reason that could prevent PIM from doing the same we
are doing with KDevelop. I mean keeping compatibility with the previous KDE
release and following the schedule of the new KDE release. This is convenient
for users, developers and translators.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine