[Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Mon May 10 03:13:55 BST 2004

Currently I am doing some work for an enterprise customer of KDE PIM.
They have chosen to use KDE PIM because it satisfies there
requirements better than any other alternative. However they are not
completely satisfied. They want one particular bug fixed in one
particular application. They and I don't want them to perform a full
upgrade of all KDE, that could introduce problems that neither they
nor I could fix. Instead at this current point in time we would
prefer to take the safe route of implementing the minimal change
required to fix the problem they are experiencing.

In this case that means taking the existing source rpm for the
application, applying a bugfix patch and creating a new binary rpm
for them to install. Minimal risk.

I have another dozen or so smaller customers in the same position as
this enterprise.

My point being that enterprise customers of KDE PIM do exist and that
they are concerned with the issues Ingo has raised, especially ease
of upgrading individual components.

Don.