Files in kdenonbeta/gadget

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun May 9 18:52:38 BST 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 11:17, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > though and the files are not in any
> > Makefile so obviously they will not be distributed with that app.
> >
> > Quite frankly I don't care, I have them for reference and will
> > continue having them for reference, it's by all means my right to
> > look at them. If you want to make the argument that it's ok for me
> > to look at them but not for you to look at them,
>
> The question is not looking, the questions is copying and
> distributing. It's not ok for you or our cvs server to copy or
> distribute these files without permission from the copyright holder.

But it is OK for google to do the same but on a lot larger scale? I
didn't get those files from any app, I got them from google cache which
was mirroring them. Why do we have two standards all of a sudden?

Besides what makes you think that it's not OK to distribute those files?
The copyright is there, they don't influence anything because they're
not used by anything and all search engines are already distributing
them.

Zack

--
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.